CBSE Class 10 English Important Questions: Check out the CBSE Class 10 English Language and Literature Syllabus Important Questions 2022-23. With these questions, candidates can practice writing for the CBSE Class 10 English exam on February 27, 2023.
CBSE Class 10 English Important Questions: In this article, we will go over important CBSE English Language and Literature syllabus questions Class 10 2023. We have provided these questions so that students can practice their grammar and writing skills for the English board exam that is scheduled for the February 27, 2023. We will also provide the solutions to these important questions. For the answers to these important CBSE Class 10 English questions, please scroll to the bottom of the article.
CBSE CLASS 10 ENGLISH IMPORTANT GRAMMAR AND WRITING QUESTIONS
The following paragraphs have not been edited. There is an error on each line. Identify the error and write the error and correction in the blank space.
1.With an extension of 2000 kilometers, the Ganges River
- it is the third largest river basin in the world. _________ ________
- One drop of water is needed approximately _________ ________
- 90 days of travel in its entirety. _________ ________
2.a.Ostriches are the largest and heaviest birds on earth ________ _______
- They can reach 9 feet (2.75 meters) or 9 feet (2.75 meters) ________ _______
- and can weigh up to 250 pounds (113 kilograms). ________ _______
3. Have you ever learned from a mistake you’ve made?
- do? Many will not admit to doing so. For those who do, ________ _______
- there was no need for guilt. We often make mistakes ________ _______
- while taking risks, but everyone puts them aside and learns.________ _______
4. Primrose flowers unfurl at night and
- stay open until the sun comes up. Several _________ _______
- varieties in Primrose also give off a _________ _______
- fragrance when its flowers are open. __________ _______
5.a.Mercury is a highly toxic metal found in neon signs, ________ _______
- fluorescent lights, old thermometers or certain types ________ _______
- of telescopes. Scientists today understand this ________ _______
- mercury is extremely poisonous. _______ ________
1. Although Valentine’s Day is celebrated these days by giving special romantic chocolates, flowers or cards known as “valentines” to your loved one, its roots (i)_________ go back to the Feast of Saint Valentine in the fourth century AD However, it was not until the fourteenth century that the day (ii) ______________ became associated with romance.
(i) (a) leaves (b) leaves (c) left (d) left
(ii) (a) has become (b) has become (c) has become (d) has become
2. Baby tigers are called cubs. At eight weeks, the pups are ready (i) ________ their mother outside the den. (ii) ___________, do not travel with her while she roams her territory when they are older.
(i) (a) follow (b) follow (c) follow (d) follow
(ii) (a) So (b) As (c) Because (d) However
3. Tourism is one of the largest businesses in the world (i) _____________ at least 288 million jobs. It is vital to the economies of (ii) ______________ countries.
(i) (a) generates (b) generates (c) generates (d) generates
(ii) (a) a lot (b) many (c) both (d) each
4.Elephants (i)_______ the largest land mammals. Three species of elephants live today. The elephant’s gestation period is 22 months, (ii) ______ longest for any land animal.
(i) (a) is (b) are (c) was (d) were
(ii) (a) a (b) a (c) that (d) the
5.The children (i) ___________talking when Ms. Sarkar entered the classroom. Then out loud she said ‘Good morning’ and (ii) __________ quickly around the room.
(i) (a) are (b) were (c) were (d) were
- ii) (a) looked (b) looked (c) will look (d) will look
1.Yash: I want to meet the Director.
Pawn: Sir, you are not in your office. She has gone to attend a meeting.
Yash went to the principal’s office and told the ____________________ to the principal. Respectfully, the peon told him that (b) ______________________________ and that (c) _____________________________________.
2.Rudra: I really want to go to the class picnic tomorrow.
Pragya: Yes, after a long time, we will meet our friends and teachers.
Rudra told Pragya that (a)________________ was looking forward to the class picnic (b)
______________. Rudra agreed that after a long time (c) _____________ friends and teachers.
3.Insha: Did you see my new umbrella? Not well?
Sona: Yes, it is! Did you buy it at the mall?
Insha: No, your father brought it to me. Soumya asked her son ______________. She wanted to know if she was good. Soumya agreed and asked her mother _____________. Her mother responded in the negative and added that she © _________.
4.Vickey said to Raju: Please wait here until I come back.
Raju replied: I cannot wait long. I have a meeting to attend.
Vickey asked Raju(a) for ___________________________ . Raju replied (b)
_____________________ and that (c) __________________________________ .
5.Shanti: Why are you still in bed?
Yash: I have a terrible stomach ache. I won’t be able to go to university today.
Shanti asked Yash(a)______________________________________________ . Sushil replied that (b)__________________________________________________________ and added
(C) _____________________________________________ .
Stay tuned to get the answers to CBSE Class 10 English important question for 2023 board exam preparation.